Summer is salad time. For me, nothing hits the spot better after being out in the heat than a crisp, light salad. I am not one of those people that enjoys a salad with a heavy dressing (that was in a past life) or tons of toppings. For me, less is better, and more refreshing. Here is how I make my favorite salad.
- salad greens (obviously, use anything you want – spinach, romaine – they all work)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 green onion
- salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes, to taste
- agave nectar, to taste
- olive oil, to taste
- lemon juice and/or vinegar (apple cider or balsamic), to taste
1. Chop garlic glove in bottom of your bowl. Using the back of a spoon, press firmly on bottom of bowl to get the garlic juice out.
2. Add salad greens and green onion to bowl.
3. Top with spices, agave, olive oil, and lemon juice/vinegar. This is your dressing – so just add as much as you would (approximately) to a regular salad.
Do you have a favorite salad “recipe”? Share it in the comments below, I’ll more than likely try it – I see a lot of salads in my future!